User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default after school

I was reading a post the other day,a guy was going to I think it was CFI, he was saying he had been out of school for 32 days or something like that and they would only take people out 30 days or less. Is this a industry standard or do different companies have different criteria? I had planned on starting school after the first of the year getting my cdl's and then figuring out where and when to go after that. maybe just using my cdl's as a" just in case" type thing.If you have to do something within 30 days or so after school, I would rather know now rather than later. do I need to know what company I am going with before I start school? And more importantly am I on a time frame after I graduate school? thanks for the help
Old 01-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Different companies have various criteria when it comes to a time frame between grad and hire. Some are 30 days and some are up to 6 months, with everything in between.

Two things are certain. The longer you go between finishing CDL school and getting a driving job the fewer options you will have the more difficultly you are going to have driving the truck.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Senior Board Member
Default School Lag

"30 days or less. Is this a industry standard or do different companies have different criteria?" The amount of time isn't a hard standard, some companies just have a different standard. Many companies, if a newb left training more than ninety days ago, will require a refresher for a newb new-hire.
"Do I need to know what company I am going with before I start school?" Yes, at a minimum what kinda wagon you want to pull. A way to decide is to make a spread sheet with companies on one axis and what they offer on the other axis. The company with the most intersections meeting your needs wins. BOL