Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Members Blogs and Photo Galleries (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/members-blogs-photo-galleries-33/)
-   -   Photo's from the dash (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/members-blogs-photo-galleries/41429-photos-dash.html)

Malaki86 06-25-2011 12:33 PM

Photo's from the dash

I just started doing something new and just knew I had to post the info here.

I run a program on my laptop called 'Centrafuse'. This is a frontend software to run other things, such as music, traffic info, etc. A new addition to the program is a plugin called 'DashCam'. This plugin does a few things with a webcam. The first is a type of DVR system. It records video in 15 minute chunks, which I can save if I see something worth keeping. The second is timed photo's. That's where this post comes in.

I have the DashCam set to snap a photo every 5 minutes while driving. The photo's have information embedded onto it, such as the road, city, state, time, date, gps coordinates, speed and heading (you can add more). After the photo's are 24hrs old, they automatically upload to my albums on Photobucket.

The link to it is DashCam pictures by malaki86 - Photobucket. Once you open that link, you'll see '2011', which is the year. When you click that, you'll see the month. Click that and you'll see a monthly breakdown by day. Click whatever day to see the photo's snapped that day.

There's not many photo's there yet, but I just went live with the system this morning (photo's from yesterday). Also, I made a change to the font/colors of the text in the photo's from yesterday to make it much easier to read.

So, check it out when you have a chance, and if I see anything worth the video, I'll save/post that as well. In fact, I missed a perfect chance yesterday morning when I was coming into Wheeling, WV @ the 470/70 junction. A truck was heading west in the far left lane and cut completely across the 4 lanes to the far right lane of I-70. In the process, he was within inches of sideswiping a car as well as almost hitting the center barrier.

Malaki86 06-26-2011 12:45 AM

My first video clip, which I titled Brainiac on a Wet Highway

Jackrabbit379 06-27-2011 08:03 PM

That would be cool. It would be neat to take pictures of sunsets/sunrises etc. It would also be cool for me to take pictures of all the wild animals that I dodge every night. :thumbsup:
Don't be shy! We like pictures here. :D

Malaki86 06-28-2011 08:13 PM

Never had the joy of driving I-40 across Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California? Check my photo page (1st post) for photo's dated 6-27 through 6-28 (28th will be posting tomorrow). It's such a lovely drive across there.

I just wish I had the equipment to add to my system that could embed the outside temperature as well - it's so different when you see sitting in Amarillo, TX @ 111f, going through Flagstaff, AZ @ 56f, then in Needles, CA @ 98f @ 7am.

I'm normally parked when the sun sets, but I should be getting some good sunrise photo's when I start heading east again hopefully tomorrow.

JewelsnTools 07-01-2011 12:34 AM

This is an AWESOME idea!! I hate to admit it, but I kind of miss being out there! But I'm in "recovery" with TA, now, and I don't really want to be driving...drool...the truck...slobber...anymore!
From a bird wif clipped wings (wheels), thanks for the views of the road!
Jewels

Malaki86 07-01-2011 03:35 AM

I came through a canyon pass this morning on I-15 in Utah (can't remember the name of it for the life of me, but not too far north of Vegas), but it was pitch dark still. If it had been daylight, I would've posted the drive through it.

JewelsnTools 07-16-2011 01:59 AM

Hey Malaki! You still gonna post some of your adventures? I'm sure you're busy, so just know that there are still those who are looking forward to seeing some of your uploads!
Jewels

Chunker 07-17-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86 (Post 499562)
I came through a canyon pass this morning on I-15 in Utah (can't remember the name of it for the life of me, but not too far north of Vegas), but it was pitch dark still. If it had been daylight, I would've posted the drive through it.

That would be the Virgin River area where you leave Utah, pass thru Arizona for a half hour and end up in Mesquite, NV.

Malaki86 07-18-2011 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JewelsnTools (Post 500242)
Hey Malaki! You still gonna post some of your adventures? I'm sure you're busy, so just know that there are still those who are looking forward to seeing some of your uploads!
Jewels

The photo's automatically upload 24hrs after they're shot (for security/safety reasons). I had to stop doing the DVR thing because it was overheating the laptop.

Just keep checking the dashcam link I posted in the first post. I'm on vacation right now and won't go back out until the 21st, so no new uploads until after that.