Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Members Blogs and Photo Galleries (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/members-blogs-photo-galleries-33/)
-   -   Need Trucking Job after Accident/Following to close ticket attacted (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/members-blogs-photo-galleries/40845-need-trucking-job-after-accident-following-close-ticket-attacted.html)

poppy 01-25-2011 08:47 PM

Need Trucking Job after Accident/Following to close ticket attacted

Can anyone help, I live in Atlanta I received a following to close ticket after an accident when I slid into a car in my POV minor damage but by it being from behind its following to close ,It dont say it on the ticket that's its a rear ender only Accident Following to close . Now at first I was told waite 6mos ,then 1yr ,then 3yrs , now Im being told I have to waite for it to be 5yrs old before I can drive again or drive for a company for 6mos, So how do I drive for someoone for 6mos when no one will hire me. I have 22yrs on the road an I'm being treated like I never driven before for someone else carelesness,Ive been safe for all these years an one ticket an Im about to lose everything. Can anyone help infinding a company that may get me started an not be cought up in the Insurance mess. Thanks.

Fozzy 01-26-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppy (Post 492761)
Can anyone help, I live in Atlanta I received a following to close ticket after an accident when I slid into a car in my POV minor damage but by it being from behind its following to close ,It dont say it on the ticket that's its a rear ender only Accident Following to close . Now at first I was told waite 6mos ,then 1yr ,then 3yrs , now Im being told I have to waite for it to be 5yrs old before I can drive again or drive for a company for 6mos, So how do I drive for someoone for 6mos when no one will hire me. I have 22yrs on the road an I'm being treated like I never driven before for someone else carelesness,Ive been safe for all these years an one ticket an Im about to lose everything. Can anyone help infinding a company that may get me started an not be cought up in the Insurance mess. Thanks.

Not really sure what answer you are expecting but the real "No BS" answer is that you just became a driver that MOST carriers will bypass. Until the accident is completely gone from your MVR you may never get work as a driver by anyone by the lowliest company. You broke THE cardinal rule of getting involved in a rear end accident. These are seen more serious to companies that roll overs in most cases. Rollovers will end a drivers career rear end accidents will also. They see you as a threat to their company's very existence. One rear end accident with injuries could cost millions of dollars. While this accident you had was "minor" in your eyes, it was in a POV. The company can envision that you'd drive their equipment the same way and there are thousands of drivers out there who do not have this type of accident on their MVR. You may want to keep your CDL and not let it go, but by the time you are free and clear of this accident. You just may want to find something as close as you can to the industry but not driving.

Good Luck