User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2014, 08:18 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Truckers wife and not happy

My husband has been a truck driver since March and he's been with this job in tracy ca for 3 months. We live in patterson and he just drives back and forth to LA. But he hardly gets to come home and he does anything and everything for his shady lying boss. The kids and I get to go with him but it's boring and very hard with a 2 and 3 yr old. Anyways him and his friend have been talking about lot lizards and texting each other the signals for a lot lizard. And a few weeks ago he send a text to his friend that he will be at castaic and if his friend can look for her. I asked him what the ****? Who is her? He said it was a joke between him and his friend because they claim the never saw a lot lizard and he's telling his friend to look for her!!!! I didn't see his friend reply back like it was a joke. I know he's been stuck a few times at castaic and I've just learned that there is a country girl saloon right by the truck stop. So is he lying about the text msg? He also is very mean when he comes home on the weekends and sleeps. And then leaves and only wants sex!! No converstaion no let's go out.. Nada. What's going on?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImageUploadedByTapatalk1413793208.120079.jpg

Last edited by Crystal garcia; 10-20-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I have not seen any lot lizards in some time. You said that you and your children go with him and then that he comes home and only wants to sleep. So, do you and the children go with your husband or stay home? From your post it sounds like you and your husband need to sit down and have some serious discussions. Most drivers don't mess around with lot lizards. It is not worth the health risk, not to mention the damage to a marriage. If necessary, you may want to talk with your minister or a marriage counselor.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:47 PM
Rookie

Yes we go with him to spend time with him. It's hard with 2 toddlers that want to play and run and jump. But yes we go to be with him. It's cool once in a while but then he wants us to go all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Rookie

Yes we ride with him as much as I can stand. It's hard with toddlers but I do try just so I can be with him. But I also need his attention when he is home. Cuddle, movie, take a walk, talk about something other then fuel and another trucker friend... I need me time... When it doesn't happen I get bitchy and start nagging and he just leaves. No communication. My marriage is on the rocks. I'm tired of talking to people who don't understand that it is hard and lonely.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:26 AM
Board Icon

I'm a local trucker and I had something going on but it was the reverse, my banker wife was up to no good. It may be nothing at all.......

It could be he is simply tired from running hard all week? I can be tired and have a very short fuse after a rough or long week. If he is sleeping, check his phone if he's a deep sleeper and see what is up yourself. Take your phone, on silent mode, and take pics of anything incriminating.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:43 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal garcia View Post
Yes we ride with him as much as I can stand. It's hard with toddlers but I do try just so I can be with him. But I also need his attention when he is home. Cuddle, movie, take a walk, talk about something other then fuel and another trucker friend... I need me time... When it doesn't happen I get bitchy and start nagging and he just leaves. No communication. My marriage is on the rocks. I'm tired of talking to people who don't understand that it is hard and lonely.

Perhaps it is time for a new tactic. When he first gets home maybe you could try listening to his week and how things have gone for him. If he is tired, then give him time to take a nap and get a little rest. Drivers deal with a lot on the road. It can help to let off some steam. Allowing him to unwind first might make him more receptive to your needs. Once he unwinds a little he will probably be more receptive. Maybe you could arrange a nice candle lit dinner or some time by yourselves away from the children. When you have a loved one who is on the road and away from the family for extended periods of time you need to do more planning for the two of you. Even taking a walk can help. Walking will get you away from the noise and distractions of the kids and everything that has gone on in the week. My wife and I have been married for more than 34 years and dated 4 years prior to that. I was traveling when we met and I still travel, but to a lesser degree today. Taking small children on the road is very stressful. I am surprised that his company allows small children in the truck. Most won't allow them to go along until they are older.

When I started traveling we had to use pay phones to check in at home, write letters or post cards. Calling home was expensive so calls were rare. Staying in touch today is much easier. You can skype, call or text and stay in touch with one another. It is easier to take a photo of something the children did and share that event immediately with your loved ones. Try to be positive and share positive things that happen. He doesn't need to know all the bad or troublesome things that happen. Women who are married to truckers or anyone who travels away from home for extended times must be strong and independent. That may not be natural for you, but you are the one running things at home. Being apart can be difficult for some couples. It can bring others closer. Communication is critical. But, don't unload on him when he first comes in the door. He does need time to relax and unwind a bit.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:41 AM
Rookie

Well thank you for your advice and he is lazy don't like to walk or take the kids to the park he sleeps all day and doesn't bother waking up at all to ask how the **** am I doing. He called this evening and called me a bunch I names and asked for a divorce. Wish granted.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:43 AM
Rookie

I tell him positive stuff about the babies and our accomplishments. And he isn't interested in me or what the hell I do at home. He's all about trucks and his friends. I feel like he is distracted and he found someone. The way he spoke to me tonight was no way for a man to talk to his wife mother to his kids no way at all. I'm sad and feel like ****ing him and his truck up. Because he ain't going to talk to me like that and get away with it. No no no

Old 10-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It is never good to call one another names. Those things can't be taken back. I hope you can get things worked out.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Rookie

I'm just going to give him his space and start by not being so dependent on him. It's time I start doing me. I will just leave him be. I don't have time for a divorce right now. I need to work on myself. Stop being his doormat at his beckon call. Forget that I'm a grown beautiful woman. I don't need or deserve this.