Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Anything and Everything (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything-106/)
-   -   Axle weight computer program (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/anything-everything/33830-axle-weight-computer-program.html)

fireman932003 05-11-2008 12:56 AM

Axle weight computer program

A while back someone on here pasted a program you can get online for free to help you axle out your weights on your truck? I did a search on it and drew A blank. Does anyone know of a free program you can get online that does this???

dle 05-11-2008 03:07 AM

To figure out how many holes you move the 5th wheel or the tandems? Is that what you are looking for.

thebaldeagle655 05-11-2008 03:32 AM

Was in a truck stop the other day and a guy asked me if I knew how many holes to slide his trailer axle to reduce his weight 500 lbs. I looked at his scale ticket, gross was 80,500, he thought he could move the axles and get it below 80,000.

Don't guess we hire rocket scientists to drive but I don't think it takes too much common sense to realize that you can move the weight around, but it won't reduce the gross unless you take some off!

Windwalker 05-11-2008 01:24 PM

Re: Axle weight computer program

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireman932003
A while back someone on here pasted a program you can get online for free to help you axle out your weights on your truck? I did a search on it and drew A blank. Does anyone know of a free program you can get online that does this???

There may be more than one available, but the one that I know of is at "DRIVERSDAILYLOG.COM". I've looked at it, but have never tried to use it.

TK THE TRUCKER 05-11-2008 02:45 PM

I'm thinking he's talking about something that the shippers have. I was in a Anheuser Busch once and they have a program that they punch the weight of each pallet in and it tells them where to place the pallets and where to single them and double them to make the load legal. This particular time it didn't work that well was because the reason I was in there was they had the rear of the trailer so over loaded that even with the tandems all the way back I still couldn't get the weight right. It took a half hour of me explaining to them that I couldn't have the tandems all the way back and even if I did it was still too heavy. They finally reworked it and it was ok. I'm sure other shippers have a similar program but I've only actually seen it at a Ann-Busch. 8) 8)

dle 05-11-2008 08:45 PM

I downloaded the program to try it out. I am still trying to figure out out how it all works.

It appears that you have to enter information about each of the pallets (like TK was describing) to take full advantage of it. Still trying to figure out what you do with floor loaded products, or when you get a BOL that tells you the number of pallets and the total weight.

Jumbo 05-11-2008 09:31 PM

We have a system called "Load X". Too complicated to explain in a few lines but it works great.

fireman932003 05-12-2008 01:28 AM

This program lets you decide where the pallets go then you can slide the tandems on the trailer to figure out where to put them. If it is over weight the weight will turn red and if its legal then everything will be black.Not a very good description I know but I am going off my memory which sucks! lol

Jumbo 05-13-2008 12:08 AM

Ours works if you know the weight of the piece. Like coils and that sort of stuff. All the weights of our entire fleet is programed into it already. If I want to put a 40,000 coil and 5000 pound plate on the same load I call in and tell them I have truck number and trailer number whatever. The coil weighs 40,000 pounds and is 4'x4'. The plate is 6' by 12'. You have to have the size of the piece pretty much down to the inch otherwise it won't come out right. When I tell them those things they can tell me how far from the front or rear of the trailer in inches to put the plate and how far from the end of the plate to put the coil. The couple of times I used it then weighed at a scale it came out pretty close to what they said it would as far as balance. Within a 100 pounds the second time.