User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2016, 01:55 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Motorcycle close call - Coquitlam, BC

Motorcycle almost get taken out by a SUV changing lanes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1H1zVr3dTg&feature=youtu.be
Old 09-28-2016, 02:09 PM
Board Icon

And this does not surprise or shock me. When the fools will just come over on a truck, a cycle has no chance! This is the main reason I will never own or ride a motorcycle, I'd love to but not with how easy these re re's can take you out.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:40 PM
Rookie

I feel the same way. I love riding my dirt bike off road, but I do not like the idea of riding in traffic around Vancouver.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
And this does not surprise or shock me. When the fools will just come over on a truck, a cycle has no chance! This is the main reason I will never own or ride a motorcycle, I'd love to but not with how easy these re re's can take you out.
I saw the vid and thought thats kinda ironic! I'm sitting here at home with my truck in the shop because some dumbass didn't think a YIELD sign was for him! Ever see a cop perform a Pit maneuver? I did it to a Dodge Dakota at 55mph and then pushed him down the xway for aways before running over a couple of reflectors and almost rolling over in the ditch.
$7000 just to get my truck safe/road worthy not to mention a week (so far) out of work. Dumbass's! The worlds full of em and it seems that the congregate near the coasts.
There was one funny thing about the situation, the other guy was scared to get out of his truck.
For some reason he thought I was going to kick his ass, he even locked the doors! Wonder where he got that idea?
Guess I can hang up the thought of driver of the year!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 09-29-2016, 03:11 PM
Board Icon

You don't want to come down this way then repete, you will run'em over daily! The 130mm on 95 North, they come on at 30mph to a 65mph highway due to a piss poor ramp design. Trucks are even slower normally. The 4 wheelers will just merge over at 35 with traffic bearing down at 70+. Some will fire it out to the far left lane.......play chicken much? Most folks who travel thru here know to be in the middle or left lane and leave the right lane wide open for the mergers. Thankfully a fix is coming in a few years, the cloverleaf design is going to be demolished........in favor of a 2 lane entry with a stoplight on it. Top Fuel dragsters will be welcome on the new ramp!