User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2015, 04:06 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Mike Sharp is missing.

My name is Gretchen Kidd. My father Mike Sharp, who is a former employee of Superior Carriers in Kingsport, TN, has been missing since the fall of 2013. His friends and family are frantic. We know he is no longer in the Kinsport area and likely not in Tennessee. Police database checks and online inquiries have found no trace of him. There is no indication that he has any automobiles or property registered to him in any state. If anyone has ANY information related to his whereabouts, please contact me at [email protected]. I am especially interested in any names or contact information for people living outside Tennessee to whom he may have turned for assistance. The tiniest detail may make a difference, so please do not hesitate to contact me.

My father is 61 years old, 6'4" tall, and had a very slim build the last time I saw him. He is balding with gray hair and has blue eyes. He may be in poor health and possibly missing his two front teeth. He was in very poor physical and mental health the last time I spoke to him. A sketch can be found at mikesharpismissing.wordpress.com. He was last seen driving a red pick-up truck and may have a gray miniature schnauzer with him.

If he is working, he may be employed in the trucking industry or with horses. He is well-traveled and would likely be comfortable in any state. He is most familiar with cities where Superior Carriers has terminals or offices, so he may be in one of those locations.

Please pass this information along to anyone who might be able to help. I can send a copy of the sketch to anyone interested in posting it in truck stops or other locations.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Do you have an actual photo of your dad? Do you suspect foul play? Is he mentally competent?
Old 02-06-2015, 07:53 PM
Rookie

Sorry to hear that! Hope you find him, but he probably wants to be missing, which is why you can't find him.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:49 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Do you have an actual photo of your dad? Do you suspect foul play? Is he mentally competent?
Unfortunately all my photos of my dad are quite old and not particularly representative of his current appearance. I do not suspect foul play; however he has serious health issues surrounding alcoholism. I don't want to interfere in his life if he is happy and healthy. I just want to know he is safe.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:55 AM
Rookie

You are most likely right. He has popped in and out of my life since I was a kid, but this is the first time he has cut contact with his sister. I'm very concerned about his mental health. He lost his home, business, and girlfriend in one fell swoop. Two of his friends committed suicide, and I fear he may have done the same. The police and a private detective have run several checks, but he has completely fallen off the grid. My dad is not well. He is at best an alcoholic and at worst a con man. I still love him no matter what. I just want to know he is safe.

Tags
kingsport, mike sharp, superior carriers, tennessee, trucking