User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hello! My name is Missi. I am a personal trainer and exercise physiologist. My husband who has been in trucking for over 25 years have a company we call Smart Trucker Fitness. Our goal is to help truck drivers get and stay fit and healthy. My husband is now the fleet supervisor for a local company and helping his drivers take care of themselves is a big part of his job. We decided to combine our "superpowers" to help not only his truckers but all of you as well I hope we can help you answer some of your questions in the health threads Be well.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:33 PM
Rookie

Hi my name is charlie, and Im trying to get my CDL license. I was a brickmason for 25 years and the construction crash has put me out of work. Im wanting to go to school to get my license, but I have been incarcerated before. I have put my past behind me, but I saw a post that I wasnt going to be able to get into the industry because of this. I find it hard to believe that everyone out there driving and training has a crystal clear record. Can someone give me some info thats not so damn negative about gettin a job. I was a USMarine and I made some mistakes, but I can assure anyone who would give me a chance that there would not be any regrets at helping me. I did masonry work my whole life and it doesnt get much rougher than that. Thanks
Old 01-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Rookie

Hello All,my name is Dave I'm from Southeast MO,very active in dirt track racing and Love the open road.I have been off the road for awhile hauling grain local and feel like its time to get back out there since my son is now grown and out on his own,have one great grand baby.Come across this board and felt the need to join,seems like many fine folks and very informative.Wish all of you and good day and a better one tomorrow.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:41 PM
Rookie

Hello! My name is Andre and I have been looking for some help. My story is a little long but the short version is, I have been a otr driver since 1996 I have drove flat beds, tankers,dry van,reffers anddump trucks. I had a early mid life crisis when my husband left me for a lady of the truck stops.(yep wow) so I kinda lost my way in 2007 and been working little jobs like McDonald's and such. I am so disappointed in myself. I try to perfect everything I do and driving is the only thing I was proud of doing because I did it well. My physical expired and I wasnt aware so Indiana suspended my CDL. When I went to get my CDL it was to late I was told I had to take all the test again and had to get a permit. Well my problem is I need help. I would like to find an owner operator to help me financially to get my Cdl back and in return work for them. So if anyone that might be reading this and can help me out please or might know someone who can help please contact me via email. [email protected]
thankyou for your help.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:47 PM
Rookie

hey guys, 60 year old noob here.getting an A license but trying to get into tri axel dumps. pointers???
Old 01-28-2015, 03:05 PM
Rookie

Hi everyone I have two years o/o and I would like learn more about this business , I live in cal i am married .two boys .and thanks every one I be around
Old 06-01-2015, 02:40 AM
Rookie
Default introduction

Hi ya'll.
I'm Cody. I'm 39 years old. I've been a correctional officer in New Mexico since 1995. I became eligible to retire on May 30th 2015. I'm a family man, been married since 2003, and have a 9, 7, & 5 year old at home. My hobbies are raising rabbits, Olympic style weightlifting, and anything involving my wife and kiddos. I've set multiple New Mexico state weightlifting records since picking up the sport of weightlifting in December 2013.

I found this site recently by using Google and researching a couple of my dream jobs now that I'm eligible to retire and am starting to dream.

Last edited by codytriguy; 06-01-2015 at 02:49 AM. Reason: unfinished
Old 06-08-2015, 03:42 AM
Rookie

Hello, my name is Daina. I am going to a trucking school currently. I only go on the weekend I just finished my 3rd weekend. Just got my cdl permit last Wednesday. I work full time as a pizza delivery driver.
Hoping I can make it, struggling with knowing where the stick goes to get into what gear :/
Old 07-21-2015, 06:28 PM
Rookie

Hello all, Navy Veteran here. I have been working as a navy contractor since I left the service in '02 (minus a two year other stint). Currently live in San Diego county and with all the changes that have and are occurring in my technical field I'm finding that I am ready to move-on into another career.

I've always respected and have wanted to become a truck driver. I actually attending school 10 years ago but did not complete it due to the unexpected death of my father. So right now I am setting plans in motion to do some fix-ups on my current house, sell it in a few months and relocate to Twin Falls ID and purchase a place with what I make off this one. My plan is to attend Sage in Twin Falls. I would like to get the most for my buck, so whomever I choose I will be paying cash and would like to maximize behind-the-wheel time. Your thoughts, suggestions and experiences greatly welcomed.

R/Scott
Old 07-26-2015, 02:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Welcome aboard, best advice I can give is make sure whatever school you choose is PTDI certified. The second is the instructors seem to let the less qualified students monopolize the driving time, your paying for so many hours behind the wheel make sure you get it.
Third, and perhaps the most important, STAY AWAY FROM COMPANIES THAT PUSH YOU TO LEASE A TRUCK FROM THEM! If you want to own your own truck fine, but get some seat time first.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington