Thread: Class A with passenger endorsement... not easy to get.

triskelion is offline Rookie

Default Class A with passenger endorsement... not easy to get.

I ran into a few roadblocks because I found that the only way to get passenger endorsement on a class A, B, or C license is to be employed by a company that trains you for the earning of a passenger endorsement.

No problem, but I feel there should be a way to do it if:

A) you have a class A license
    B) you are able to bring a commercial passenger vehicle to a Road Test.

It seems impossible according to today's laws/ standards.
    (I'm sure there are some reasons the laws were made)

Questions:

1) Can it be possible that the passenger endorsement part of the test is
    just a "written" test as long as you bring a commercial vehicle to the Road Test?

2) If I go to a reputable CDL school and get my CDL class A there, will I still have no way of taking a passenger endorsement Road Test? Because a big rig is in no way a "passenger" vehicle?

3) The fact that one must supply his own commercial passenger vehicle for a passenger endorsement means that I will be stuck?

4) I think it is against any company's insurance policy to rent out a commercial vehicle, and this is also why companies charter the vehicles.

This also makes any attempt at taking the Road test with a rented commercial passenger vehicle, an impossibility.

greaarrrg!

:x

Windwalker is offline Board Icon

I have a passenger endorsement on mine. But, I started out as a school bus driver, then went into class A. The school bus endorsement has been dropped, but the passenger stayed.
    Destroy the cities...
    and they will rebuild them.
    Destroy the farms...
    and grass will grow in the streets of the cities.

Destroy the economy of the blue-collar worker...
    and grass will grow in the executive offices.

The bill has come due.
    ( R E T I R E D , and glad of it)

marylandkw is offline Senior Board Member

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker
    I have a passenger endorsement on mine. But, I started out as a school bus driver, then went into class A. The school bus endorsement has been dropped, but the passenger stayed.
    X2 but I still have my school bus endorsement. No idea why, I guarantee I will never use it again.
    Paranoia is nothing more than the pathological habit of paying close attention.
    All ideas in this communication are sole property of the voices in my head. (C) 2006, "The Voices" (TM)

FlaCrakr is offline Rookie

I'm taking my CDL thru the local school system and have the option of taking the passenger endorsement at no addional $$. I will have to get the permit from DMV, take the PTI and road skills test seperatily from my CDL testing... And get to use the school bus for it.

6. This ad will disappear if you login