User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default What's in and on your truck?

My first order of business when I got my truck was to put on a set of Bosch Icon wiper blades. The standard wipers Werner puts on their trucks, just don't cut it. These ran me $38 for a pair after taxes. Worth every dime!
Icon Wiper Blades

This is a quick vid I took with my phone the other day when it was raining. Bosch Icon wipers + foam based rain-x applied to windshield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shJ7X0FZmTA&feature=youtu.be
Cleaning Supplies

foam based glass cleaner (non-RainX brand for interior)
6 white shop towels
4 microfiber towels
pkg of 8 paper towels
1 jug of simple green
1 spray bottle with a 1:1 solution of simple green and water (for cleaning my floorboards)
1 plastic clear jar with lid (i put my bug scrub pad and I add a few drops of dish soap and water and use this solution to clean my windows with)
1 netted scrub pad (i use this to scrub the bugs off the windshield)
dish soap
2 scrub pads for the floors
1 short handled squeegee
Febreeze Air Freshener
1 bottle of Armor-All
Cherry scented tree's to hang in the cab
Push Broom (to sweep out trailers with)
1 Box of Latex Gloves (for cleaning windows, fueling, pre-trip inspections, checking and filling fluids)
1 pair of work gloves (for lowering and raising trailers, and unhooking and hooking up air/electrical lines)
1 box of Glad scented trashbags (reduces odors)

I religiously clean the outside of my windows 2-3 times in the spring and summer, and once or twice in the winter. I do the inside windows once a week and my mirrors as needed. Makes a big difference to be able to see out the windows and in your mirrors. I clean out the interior of the truck once a week, and wipe down the dash and vinyl once a week as well.

Accessories

Rand McNally TMD 520 LM - Commercial Grade GPS w/ windshield mount
4sight DashCam2 - for fraudulent insurance claims prevention and accident recording w/ windshield mount
Cell phone windshield mount w/ line in cable to connect my cd players to my Samsung Galaxy S3 so I can play my music from my sim card while driving. I have customized playlists set up on it.
Road Atlas Book
Plastic clipboard w/ internal storage and built in calculator

Air hose and air nozzle kit from Pilot Truck Stop, so I can blow the debris off the floorboards and right out of the truck

Cobra CPI480 - 400 Watt 12V Power Inverter to run my macbook pro and my cell phone charger

here's a pic of my interior at night. (taken with a Canon 7D and an 8mm Rokinon wide angle lens)

I also bought a portable scanner so I can scan my bills and trippak envelopes in so I can get paid. No waiting in line at the truck stops or terminal, and no worrying about TripPak not getting your envelopes to your company. Downloaded the software from TripPak's website to my laptop. I know there's a mobile app, but I can't get my phone to take quality pics that the app will accept, so I decided to do it this way.

In the sleeper on the floor next to my bed is a 12v Igloo 40qt cooler, so I can keep my drinks and food cold. helps cut down on eating that unhealthy and expensive truck stop food.

My truck is setup so I can run more efficiently without having to stop and look for things, I know right where they are and they are easy to access. About the only thing I would like to add is a laptop mount to my passenger seat so I can have my laptop mounted and my scanner right there, so when I get done with a trip I can immediately scan it in after I drop the load. But I just do it at the end of the day before I go to bed, it takes a couple minutes and then it's done.

What's everyone elses setups?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Senior Board Member

i'll just list.

rand McNally 520
xm radio
vuqube
21" LED tv
bluray player
truckfridge.com fridge
microwave
2000watt inverter
my lap top
air card
iphone
tripack
a few flashlights
clothes
rain gear
printer for my log book
bose Bluetooth
a few different airlines
alt.
tools
sat-rat for sliding the wheels (thanks maniac for the great recommendation)
Oakley polarized sunglasses
assorted snacks
a case of water
2 phone chargers
a small shop vac to clean the floor
a lot of extra gloves
Old 04-28-2014, 05:24 AM
Senior Board Member

[QUOTE=DriveItUSA;530301
I also bought a portable scanner so I can scan my bills and trippak envelopes in so I can get paid. No waiting in line at the truck stops or terminal, and no worrying about TripPak not getting your envelopes to your company. Downloaded the software from TripPak's website to my laptop. I know there's a mobile app, but I can't get my phone to take quality pics that the app will accept, so I decided to do it this way.

What's everyone elses setups?[/QUOTE]

I had that problem with the app to begin with. Taking the pictures with natural sunlight helps. The newest version of the TripPak app hasn't given me any problems with photo quality. That said, here's my [non-exhaustive] list:
Personal Stuff
Galaxy 979 CB
Garmin 378 marine/auto GPS (mounted above my Qualcomm)
Sirius Sportster 5 receiver
MacBook Pro with 12VDC adapter
HTC Evo (with a RoadKing branded headset that I inherited from a previous truck, and an old-school handset I use when stationary)
Mechanix gloves (fuel, pre-trip, trailer changing, etc.)
Gorilla grip gloves (unloading, truck maintenance, anything that requires high dexterity and breathability)
Generic fencing pliers (zip-tie and seal removal)
Sunblock
Motor Carriers' Atlas
WV, VA, and NC Gazateers (for all those fun roads that Rand McNally won't show me)
Surefire Z-2 with Malkoff LED drop-in
Koolatron DC cooler
Safety glasses
Rubber spider (from an old co-worker)
Stuffed Corgi (from my best friend)

Company stuff:
Pin puller
50' 2AWG jumper cables
DG tool kit (regular tool kit, plus liftgate rescue stuff)
Fluids (oil, coolant, DEF)
Flourescent green vest
Several ratchet straps (one with E-track clips only, the rest with E-track clips and hooks)

Granted, this doesn't count food, cleaning supplies, rain gear, and sleeping arrangements.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:32 PM
Rookie

excellent recommendation, I have a Honda EU2000 and if I set it in the back of my truck with the tailgate closed you can barely hear it run.

If you bought a Honda EU1000I and a good long extension cord, maybe 100', you would probably not even know it was there. They will run 8 hours plus on their 1 gallon fuel tank.The are a little spendy but can be found used off ebay for less than $400

The EU2000I I have is darn handy, I have some property so a portable powerplant makes life so much easier. I can run circular saws, big drills, lights, and even my electric chainsaw if I don't feel like dragging around my Stihl all from a 10' extension cord and still hear my cell phone ring.
Check more details