User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default HI

Hi Iam bill ,Ive been driving for 11 years now.I work for USfoodservice out of philly, its very hard work but the pay is good 21.70 an hour,next year it will go up an buck, Were a teamser shop ,so all is good.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:03 AM
Rookie

How yall doin everybody!
Old 10-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Default Introduction

Hello all. My name is Charles. I am a new driver just looking around. My biggest interest would have to be the music of Ritchie Valens and looking after my nephew Ethan and his two sisters(there dad/my brother passed away almost a year ago). I am not married, but have a great girlfriend.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:19 AM
Rookie

Hello All,

My Name is Chandler Wolf, I originally went to school to be a Chef. I cant stand kitchens. I have always wanted to be in the Transportation industry and ultimate goal is an Airline Pilot. I dont have the money to go to flight school, so I guess the Cab of my truck will be my airplane of sorts. Anyways I am 23yrs old, and have lived in all 5 regions of the USA. Pacific NW being my Favorite, I am a naitve of St. Louis. I have been hired by Swift and will be training at MTC Truck School in St. Louis. I start Class November 6th 2006.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Rookie

Hi all, I'm Billy Preston from Flint Michigan, Go Tigers! I lost my job as a janitor in a factory that closed down & moved to Mexico, Nebraska, Florida, etc. they didn't want to be in Detroit area any more after losing money there. So they gave me a severance and free training in a new career. I just graduated from US truck Driver Training School & got my cdl-A with tanker & doubles endorsements. I was impressed with Stevens Transport from Dallas area til I found out they require you to be able to lift 100 lbs which I cannot do. How many of you out there are able to do this? I'm not very big & I only weigh140 lbs myself. So far I've been turned down by Schneider, Covenant, Shepard-Watkins, Swift & a couple others I can't remember their names. I'm sure there are people out there smaller than me & weaker too who are driving. If I could find a team job, I know I would be more of an asset than a burden, and with such a high turnover in trucking, this shouldn't be a problem. any suggestions?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:51 PM
Rookie

Okay, I've been lurking around for a while.... :lol:

I'm retired Air Force. Job in the AF was in an emergency response job. Looking at my present situation decided that there were better opportunities available in trucking. Started looking at various companies for starting out as a complete newbie. 8) Looks like January for school and follow on training. So far leaning towards Schneider.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:13 AM
Rookie

Well, what a way to introduce ourselves. I put the first post in the wrong location. ops: Please don't tell my family.... :wink:

Hi folks. So, we're new to the message board and would like to introduce ourselves. My husband and I have started a trucking company and the employees include our son, daughter and son's fiance. We haul LTL freight and produce. We hope to expand our business in the near future. My husband has been in the trucking industry for 30+ years in a variety of roles--everything from owner/operator to mechanic to dispatcher.

The real reason we started our business is because we are tired of working ourselves to the bone for someone else and not being appreciated for it. We have two small grandsons that we hope to be able to build a future for through our business. We love spending time with our family and going to/watching Nascar (go #20), the Indianapolis Colts, Chicago White Sox and IU Hoosiers basketball. Oh, by the way, we are transplanted Hoosiers--we've lived in Northeastern Illinois for 13 years moving here from Southern Indiana where my husband and I were born and raised.

The foundation of our company is built around our employees. They come first with us!! Without good employees, we don't have a good business.

You'll probably see many posts from us asking questions as we are new to running a business ourselves. We're looking forward to building a network of valuable resources and hope we can contribute as well.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:08 AM
Rookie

Hi all, I've been visiting this site for a couple years and always liked it... so I got off my butt and joined. My family have been US Mail contractors since 1934, I grew up in the cab of a truck really. I am the third generation and my son-in-law now makes four! I've driven OTR, log and dump truck, but I always come back to the mail. :? It pays good and I'm home to spend time with my new granddaughter :!: I would love to hear from anyone else out there haulin mail.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

welcome you all-good luck
Old 11-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Hey everyone Checkin in here as well.

I'm 25y/o, father of 2 boys and been with my g/f for almost 2 years now. Just fed up with doin jobs that people in my life think I should do or that would be "good" for me when I just end up miserable. So this is somethin I've wanted to do for several years now and finally just got to the point where I'm like "screw it I'm doin somethin for me". So here I am

Keep the rubber side down on the hard stuff.