User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 02:33 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Do you have an "Idiot 4-Wheeler" story?

Okay, so today's idiot driver was a soccer mom driving her Land Rover on FM 3325 south of Azle, TX. I was chugging along in my 99 Freightshaker going 60 mph when she pulled out in front of me doing about 35mph. I had to slow down hard to keep from rear-ending her. She drove about 50 yards, then put her blinker on to make a right turn, AND CAME TO A DEAD STOP IN THE ROAD BEFORE SHE TURNED!!! This time I had to floor the brake pedal to stop. She actually seemed both annoyed and preplexed when I blasted my airhorn at her. Just another lemming driving her iPhone.

The 2nd Runner-Up was some moron in Dallas driving a black Chrysler Town & Country minivan who cut hard across 3 lanes of traffic on I-30 and came within about 3 feet of clipping my front left quarter all so he wouldn't miss his exit onto I-635
Old 06-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Yesterday's idiot of the day happened on US-13 heading south into Goldsboro, NC. Said road is [at that point] one lane in each direction with a chicken lane. Southbound traffic was stopped at a traffic light, with a gap at a "Do Not Block Driveway" sign. Just as northbound traffic got a green light, this white woman in her 30's in a white Buick pulls out of said driveway. Instead of turning left into the chicken lane, she drives straight across. At this point, a spittin' image of Michelle Obama had to test the brakes on her Cadillac to keep from t-boning said Buick. Thankfully, the Caddy's brakes worked, and nobody rear-ended her in the process of avoiding that nasty mess.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:33 AM

In my case, I had about 25 tons of bagged concrete on my trailer. I'm damn lucky that it didn't shift!
Old 06-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Well it is not a Idiot 4 wheeler it is an IDIOT DOT officer in the State of TX. Hauling a Load of Top Iced Produce and that will LEAK out the drain Holes He Pulls me over and is giving me the whole Story about leaking crap on the road I am 2 miles from my PU Point. I go I just got Loaded as you can see it is Topped Iced it is Going to leak He goes YOUR LYING he calls his Supervisor to break the seal as Every load we pulled we Sealed for Wal-Mart. Supervisor took one Look at the Bills goes are you Top Iced I went Yes Sir he goes GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE Driver and have a Nice day. To the Idiot DOT Officer standing beside him I heard him say Enjoy Inspecting LOADED Cattle Trucks for the NEXT 6 MONTHS.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle_2006 View Post
Well it is not a Idiot 4 wheeler it is an IDIOT DOT officer in the State of TX. Hauling a Load of Top Iced Produce and that will LEAK out the drain Holes He Pulls me over and is giving me the whole Story about leaking crap on the road I am 2 miles from my PU Point. I go I just got Loaded as you can see it is Topped Iced it is Going to leak He goes YOUR LYING he calls his Supervisor to break the seal as Every load we pulled we Sealed for Wal-Mart. Supervisor took one Look at the Bills goes are you Top Iced I went Yes Sir he goes GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE Driver and have a Nice day. To the Idiot DOT Officer standing beside him I heard him say Enjoy Inspecting LOADED Cattle Trucks for the NEXT 6 MONTHS.

DOH!! pay back's a ^%$$%
Old 02-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Board Regular

Told this story before but i came up over this steep grade in tn and it levelled out some so i got to 65 before hitting the 5%ish downgrade that was maybe half a mile long maybe a little more. A tn state trooper in an unmarked brown car is at the bottom in the safety lane behind this womans car (no lights). He pulls at a 90 degree angle across both lanes to back up in front of the lady to give her a jump (NICE!! and omfg rare for a trooper. If yall did **** like this more we'd like you a lot more). Problem is im doing 65mph 200 feet down this hill now and he's turned sideways to me. the first second i had the breaks on. by 1.02 seconds i had both feet to the floor and could feel the antilock pumping. I boiled smoke in puffs (antilock) all the way down that hill. Finally stopped 5-10 feet from his door. EVERY trucker alive was on the cb asking wtf. I thanked the guy behind me for not taking the scenic route through my trailer. He thanked me for.. him not having to take the scenic route through my trailer. For the first time ive Ever seen every trucker on the cb was saying "thank god everyones ok. good job driver" etc instead of cursing. We saved that for that moron of a state trooper.

then there are the times ive come up on a drunk or texting 4wheeler weaving all over 2 or 3 lanes of 55+mph highway at 25mph. Almost flipped the truck twice due to one of those (after i jerked it around him to the left.. he went hard left.. i jerked to the right.. bringing multiple wheels off the ground and barely managed not to kill him). ah the joys of trucking
Old 03-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Senior Board Member

Great story! I wonder if the trooper ever looked up and saw what was coming.

Texting 4 wheeler is same thing as a drunk 4 wheeler. They're a plague in LA - gotta drive carefully here!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:34 PM
Board Icon

Coming out of the 30 mph speed zone thru Liberal, KS a week ago (heading west,) and starting to speed up, I saw the oncoming truck who was slowing down for the town limit. All of a sudden, a white Jeep Cherokee comes barrelling out of the parking lot for a gas station on my left, and right between us two trucks (heading west.) He just couldn't stand waiting a minute for the Eastbound truck to pass, or more specifically.... didn't want to be behind ME. [I guess he didn't realize my truck goes 75, and I am normally all over "his" type's azz!

Luckily, there is an "ending" right lane and wide shoulder right there. No way I could really stop. I just told my co-driver to hang on as I slowed and went for the right lane/shoulder. Laying on the horn all the way, of course! Well, I think he sh1t his shorts, and took off like a scalded dog. Pretty sure that was because he didn't want me catching up to him to tell him what I thought!

Wasn't all that hard to deal with I guess. But, I couldn't believe the b@lls on this guy to pull out between two converging big rigs! IF the other truck had hit him... no way I could have avoided being 'collected' in the mess!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.